Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
- Provided $885,638 in rental assistance through the HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program to an average of 239 households. This includes the cities of Bourbon, Cuba, Leasburg, Steelville and Sullivan and communities of Cherryville and Cook Station.
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Provide contract management and inspection services to Retirement Homes Inc.—a senior citizen complex in Cuba—for its Federal Home Loan Bank grant.
- Provided loan servicing on three loans for small businesses in Crawford County
- Provided staff assistance in the preparation of the Crawford County Enhanced Enterprise Zone application, which includes Cuba, Bourbon, Leasburg, Steelville and parts of Crawford. The zone received state designation on June 3, 2009.
- Assisted with illegal dump cleanups in multiple locations on forestland in Crawford County.
- Organized collection for illegally dumped tires.
- Provided a children’s activity and display on recycling and recycled products at the Onondaga Cave Recycling, Renewable Energy event on June 20, 2009.
- Provided updated demographics and traffic count information to local economic developers.
- Provided assistance in the preparation of a CDBG grant application for a sewer project and assistance with an income survey for Crawford County PWSD #1.
- Provided general grant writing assistance for the Crawford County Foundation.
- Met with county leaders to discuss needs of the county.
- Entered into individual contracts with Maries, Dent, Crawford and Phelps counties to assist them with the Census Bureau’s Statistical Area Program to ensure that statistical areas within those counties are verified prior to the 2010 Census.
- Awarded a satellite phone through Homeland Security for Crawford County.
- Awarded North Crawford County Ambulance District funds from Region I HSOC for triage patient tracking equipment for emergency medical services