Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
City of Cuba
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Updated the city’s ordinances.
- Provided loan servicing for two loans made to small businesses located in Cuba.
- Continue to provide administration and housing inspection services to the city for a CDBG a Neighborhood Development Project.
- Providing administration of a MHDC Neighborhood Development grant.
- Provide contract management and inspection services to Retirement Homes Inc.—a senior citizen complex in Cuba—for its Federal Home Loan Bank grant.
- Purchased a home in July 2006 with Missouri Housing Development Corporation funds. Staff has renovated the house, and now has it for sale to an eligible first-time homebuyer.
- Provided staff assistance in the preparation of a state Enhanced Enterprise Zone application, which includes Cuba, Bourbon, Leasburg, Steelville and parts of Crawford.
- Referred individual asking for information on a loan to expand his business in Cuba to the Resources of Missouri, Inc. website.
- Wrote an EDA Recovery Act Grant for the city of Cuba to secure water and sewer system improvement funds.
- Submitted a CDBG Disaster Supplemental grant application in the amount of $455,900 to upgrade water and sewer in the Industrial Park.
- Met with city leaders to discuss needs of the city.
- Wrote foundation grants on behalf of the Crawford County Foundation for help to fund the Wildcat Field of Pride for Crawford County R-II Schools in Cuba.