Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
- Provided $119,965 in rental assistance through the HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program to an average of 39 households. This includes the communities of Brinktown and Vichy and the cities of Belle and Vienna.
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Provide administration and accounting services to the Gasconade Valley Enterprise Zone, which includes Maries, Gasconade and Osage counties.
- Provided loan servicing on three loans for small businesses located in Maries County.
- Provided population information to Ozark Central Ambulance.
- Organized special waste collection in Maries County on Oct. 4, 2008.
- Organized collection for illegally dumped tires.
- Performed benefits/costs analysis for Highway E road elevation in Nagogami (Maries County project.)
- Met with county’s leaders to discuss needs of the counties.
- Entered into individual contracts with Maries, Dent, Crawford and Phelps counties to assist them with the Census Bureau’s Statistical Area Program to ensure that statistical areas within those counties are verified prior to the 2010 Census
- Began preparation of an Enhanced Enterprise Zone application that includes Maries County.
- Awarded a satellite phone through Homeland Security for Maries County.
- Awarded the Maries/Phelps Health Department a $6,525 grant from Region I HSOC for special needs trailers.
- Awarded Maries/Osage Ambulance District funds from Region I HSOC for triage patient tracking equipment for emergency medical services.