Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
City of Owensville
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Provided loan servicing on two RLF loans to small businesses in Owensville.
- Sent information on foundations that fund community project and historic preservation to a bank employee seeking funds to renovate the old theater.
- Sent packet of grant and NAP information to chamber’s request for grant funds for a food pantry, Lions Club youth baseball/soccer fields, and to renovate dilapidated downtown buildings.
- Wrote foundation grants applications for Owensville Lions Foundation Sports Complex project. Submitted grant applications include MFA Oil Foundation, Cardinals Care Foundation, Royalty Fields Program, American Family Insurance Grant and Wal-Mart State Giving. Letters of inquiry includes: John Q. Hammons Foundation; Baseball Tomorrow fund, Ameren Charitable Giving; Xerox Foundation and the Green Foundation.
- Providing contract management for a Federal Home Loan Bank Affordable Housing Program grant for Owensville Senior Citizens Housing. Some 44 units will be renovated.
- Began preparation of an Enhanced Enterprise Zone application that includes Owensville.