Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
- Provided $409,728 in rental assistance through the HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program to an average of 134 households. This includes the cities of Doolittle, Edgar Springs, Newburg and St. James and the community of Jerome.
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Provided floodplain administration for the county, including a review of new floodplain maps and assistance with FEMA buyouts of flooded properties.
- Providing administration of a SEMA and CDBG for the Jerome buyout program
- Packaged and closed one RLF loan and two IRP loans for businesses located in Phelps County.
- Provided loan servicing on 20 loans for small businesses.
- Provided technical assistance to Phelps County and the Phelps County Disaster Committee.
- Provided codification services for the city of Rolla.
- Assisted with illegal dump cleanups for Conical Sink.
- Organized a collection for illegally dumped tires.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of a SEMA Hazard Mitigation grant application and a CDBG grant application for flood buy outs for the county.
- Began preparation of a 501(c3) application for the Phelps County Landfill board.
- Updated Hazard Mitigation Plan for the county.
- Provided fiscal and dispatch services for the Phelps County Public Water/Sewer District #4.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of a CDBG grant application for Jerome flood-prone property buyouts.
- Administered a Homeland Security Oversight Committee grant in the amount of $33,000 awarded to the Red Cross Chapter for Phelps/Pulaski counties for a F-250 truck to be used to deploy mass care shelter supply trailers.
- Entered into individual contracts with Maries, Dent, Crawford and Phelps counties to assist them with the Census Bureau’s Statistical Area Program to ensure that statistical areas within those counties are verified prior to the 2010 Census.
- Awarded a satellite phone through Homeland Security for Phelps County.