Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Updated city’s ordinances.
- Completed administration of a CDBG Neighborhood Development Project for the city.
- Providing administration of a Delta Regional Authority (DRA) grant for the Great Mines Health Center of Potosi, which was approved for in the amount of $52,395 for infrastructure to facilitate new building construction.
- Organized special waste collection in Potosi on Sept. 27, 2008.
- Held an environmental education assembly for the Potosi Intermediary School on Oct. 7, 2008.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of CDBG grant application for an environmental assessment for industrial infrastructure for the city of Potosi.
- Met with city leaders to discuss needs of the city.
- Providing administration of a Potosi Water Quality DRA grant.
- Provided loan servicing for an RLF/IRP loan for a small business located in Potosi, Mo.
- Introduced Dr. Karl Burgher from MS&T and his engineering management classes to the city of Potosi leaders to prepare work plans for community development projects. Each class spent a semester in a selected community. MRPC helped evaluate the class and helped the community identify funding sources for the projects.