Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Continued a partnership with USA Express to provide commuter service from Rolla to Fort Leonard Wood and from Lebanon to Fort Leonard Wood. Prepared ads and press releases on one-year anniversary.
- Providing assistance in the development of a local hazard mitigation plan in cooperation with SEMA for Pulaski County.
- Assisted with illegal dump cleanups in multiple locations on forestland in Waynesville School District. Also assisted with dump cleanup of Boiling Spring.
- Assisted Pulaski County Growth Alliance in hiring an Economic Development Director.
- Assisted with planning and coordinating the Earth Day event at Fort Leonard Wood on April 25, 2009, and displayed winning trash art and posters.
- Prepared license bureau bid proposal for Pulaski County Growth Alliance.
- Wrote Wal-Mart State Giving Grant application for the Pulaski County Growth Alliance.
- Wrote a USDA grant application to assist with staffing for the for the Pulaski County Growth Alliance.
- Prepared a 501c3 IRS exemption application for the Pulaski County Growth Alliance, which was approved.
- Prepared sales tax exemption request for Pulaski County Growth Alliance.
- Provided technical assistance in general foundation grant writing for the Pulaski County Sheltered Workshop; and in the preparation of a NAP grant application.
- Provided technical assistance in conducting a Labor Availability Study for Pulaski County—funded by the Department of Defense Office of Economic Adjustment. Also, assisted with a diversification study for the county.
- Administered a Homeland Security Oversight Committee grant in the amount of $33,000 awarded to the Red Cross Chapter for Phelps/Pulaski counties for a F-250 truck to be used to deploy mass care shelter supply trailers.
- Submitted a Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) application in the amount of $170,502 for the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department for two dispatchers and one evidence technician.
- Submitted a Department of Justice grant application in the amount of $288,921 for five new corrections officers.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of a JAG grant in the amount of $58,610 in funds allocated to Pulaski County for equipment.
- Awarded a satellite phone through Homeland Security for Pulaski County.
- Awarded Waynesville/Pulaski County Ambulance District funds from Region I HSOC for triage patient tracking equipment for emergency medical services.