Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
City of Rolla
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Coordinated 11 radio programs on KMST on county and regional issues.
- Participated in meetings of Rolla Area Interagency Network (RAIN) and chaired the meetings.
- Provided loan servicing for eleven loans made to small businesses located in Rolla.
- Assisted with planning and coordinating the Earth Day event at MS&T on April 22, 2009, and displayed winning trash art and posters.
- Continued to serve on advisory committee to MS&T’s Transportation Center.
- Served on a committee for Rolla’s sister city, which is Sondershausen, Germany.
- Helped sponsor an electronics, appliance and tire collection in conjunction with the city of Rolla, Phelps County Commission, Brewer Science, Inc, Ozark Rivers Solid Waste District and Missouri Department of Natural Resources on May 9, 2009.
- Continued to provide technical assistance to MS&T’s Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) bridge strengthening project.
- Providing technical assistance in the development of an Enhanced Enterprise Zone application for the Rolla Regional Economic Commission (RREC), which includes Rolla.
- Gave a presentation to the Rolla Noon Kiwanis Club on Enhanced Enterprise Zone.
- Sent annual report to new MS&T professor who was interested in learning about the region.
- Organized special waste collection in Rolla on May 9, 2009.
- Assisted with promoting the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection center and administering the Ozark Rivers grant.
- Provided recycling bins for the 2008 Tour of Missouri Event.
- Provided information to individual from Missouri S&T office on homes that need weatherization.
- Provided administration of a CDBG grant for the development of a master plan for the Rolla West Project.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation and submission of a CDBG grant application for funds to construct a new building for Gingerbread House, Inc. Gingerbread House later withdrew the application.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of a strategic plan for the Rolla Downtown Business Association.
- Administered a Homeland Security Oversight Committee grant awarded to the Rolla Homeland Security Response Team in the amount of $38,000 for the upgrade of the communication console for its mobile command center.
- Participated in a panel discussion for entrepreneurs in the Rolla Regional Business Conference.
- Participated and presented in a Small Business Workshop hosted by Missouri University of Science and Technology for displaced employees from Brewer Science, Inc. located in Rolla.
- Presented loan program information to the Rolla Rotary Breakfast organization.
- Participated and presented on a radio program with KMST on loan programs and financial resources in the region.
- Awarded the Rolla Homeland Security Response Team $22,500 from Region I HSOC for equipment.