Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
City of Salem
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Organized special waste collection in Salem on Oct. 18, 2008.
- Held an environmental education assembly for the Northwood Elementary School on Oct. 9, 2008.
- Coordinated Certified Emergency Response Training (CERT) session in Salem.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of a DNR Land and Water Conservation Grant for the city of Salem.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of an ARRA Enhancement grant application in the amount of $100,000 for sidewalk extension between residential and park areas for the city of Salem.
- Introduced Dr. Karl Burgher from MS&T and his engineering management classes to the city of Salem leaders to prepare work plans for community development projects. Each class spent a semester in a selected community. MRPC helped evaluate the class and helped the community identify funding sources for the projects.