Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
City of Steelville
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Provided staff assistance in the preparation of the Crawford County Enhanced Enterprise Zone application, which includes Cuba, Bourbon, Leasburg, Steelville and parts of Crawford. The zone received state designation on June 3, 2009.
- Provided information on potential funding sources—CDBG, USDA, NAP, and Foundations— for Gibbs Care Center to install a new sprinkler system.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of a CDBG grant application for funds to add a rehab care center for Gibbs Care Center in Steelville. Application was later withdrawn.
- Met with city leaders to discuss needs of the city.
- Awarded Steelville Ambulance District funds from Region I HSOC for triage patient tracking equipment for emergency medical services.