Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
City of Sullivan
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Gave a presentation to the Sullivan Rotary Club on MRPC’s homeownership and business loans programs.
- Provided grant information on possible resources for preservation of Harney Mansion to the Harney Foundation.
- Provided staff assistance in the preparation of the Crawford County Enhanced Enterprise Zone application, which includes Cuba, Bourbon, Leasburg, Steelville and parts of Crawford. The zone received state designation on June 3, 2009.
- Administered a Homeland Security Oversight grant awarded to the Sullivan Fire Protection District in the amount of $24,975 for a mass casualty incident trailer and emergency supplies.
- Awarded the Sullivan Fire District a $5,549.24 grant from Region I HSOC for equipment.
- Met with city leaders to discuss needs of the city.
- Submitted CDBG Disaster Supplemental grant application in the amount of $74,261 to install lighting along Highway D to the hospital and intersection lighting at the hospital entrance.
- Provided loan servicing for an SBA and RLF loan to one small business located in Sullivan.