Services provided to local governments by the Meramec Regional Planning Commission from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
- Provided $594,387 in rental assistance through the HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program to an average of 169 households. This includes the cities of Caledonia, Irondale, Mineral Point and Potosi and the communities of Belgrade and Cadet.
- Provided information on Community Development Block grants competition and 59 grant alerts, which are listed under Regional Services.
- Sent staff to Washington County Library two days per month to take rental assistance applications and complete initial paperwork.
- Providing administration of a CDBG grant for the Washington County Public Water Supply District #3 sewer project (Potosi Lakes).
- Provided information on Tax Increment Financing (TIF) to a Potosi business leader.
- Sent packet of grant information in response to an individual who operates a food pantry in Richwoods who was looking for resources to renovate or build a new food pantry.
- Held an environmental education assembly at Kingston School in Cadet on Oct. 7, 2008.
- Organized a collection for illegally dumped tires.
- Responded to request by the Richwoods Fire Department to provide information on CDBG funds to build a new fire station. Sent memo on LMI survey and an application.
- Sent grant information—USDA, MDNR and CDBG—to an individual from Washington County seeking grant funds to replace a bridge and to take over a water and sewer service for the community.
- Held an environmental education assembly for the Kingston K-14 School on Oct. 7, 2008.
- Provided administration of a CDBG for a centralized waste water system for Washington County Public Water Supply District #3.
- Provided technical assistance in the preparation of an Enhanced Enterprise Zone application for the Washington County IDA.
- Submitted a CDBG grant application for funds in the amount of $250,000 for elevator installation in the Washington County Courthouse.
- Met with county leaders to discuss needs of the county.
- Provided loan servicing for an RLF/IRP loan for a small business located in Potosi.